Monday, January 23, 2012

From a Kid's Point of View

The following is a guest article from my 9 year old daughter.  I hope you enjoy it:
What do you want to be when you grow up?  That is a common question people ask.  Many people say they want to be a doctor, or nurse, or actor, or actress.  But how often do you hear, “I want to be a preacher”, or “I want to be a ladies’ day speaker”? 
            This story is from a book called, The Three Trees.  Each tree had a different dream.  The first tree said, “I want to be a treasure chest and carry the greatest treasure ever!”  The second tree said, “I want to be a mighty ship and carry a great king!”  The third tree said, “I want to be the tallest tree ever, so when people see me, they think of God.” 
Some men came and chopped down all three trees.  The first one was made into a manger in which Jesus was laid. Then the first tree knew he was holding the greatest treasure ever.  The second tree was made into a little sailboat, which Jesus rode on.  Then the second tree knew that he was carrying the greatest king ever.  The third tree was made into a cross, upon which Jesus was crucified.  When he died, the third tree knew that people would look at the cross and think about God.
They all had a dream that came true.  Yet, how beautiful was the third tree’s dream?  I think everybody should be more like that third tree.  When people think of you, what do they think of?
- Abby Gaines

2 comments:

  1. Good point Abby! When I grow up, I want to write articles to help people live like Christ just like you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post, Abby! We miss you and your family at Heritage this year. Caleb is in 1st grade now and his baby brother, Eli loves to join us on class days.

    Keep up the good work with your writing. You just never know who's life might be changed by your example of Jesus being shown to them. Blessings, Mrs. Erin (Mom of Caleb, J.T., and Eli)

    ReplyDelete