Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dear God...


The following are said to be actual prayers of real children:

· Please send a new baby for Mommy. The new baby you sent last week cries too much. Debbie, 7
· Who did you make smarter? Boys or girls? My sister and I want to know. Jimmy, 6
· How many angels are there in heaven? I would like to be the first kid in my class to know the answer. Norma, 8
· This is my prayer. Could you please give my brother some brains. So far he doesn't have any. Angela, 8
· Thank you for the nice day today. You even fooled the TV weather man. Hank, 7
· Please help me in school. I need help in spelling, adding, history, geography and writing. I don't need help in anything else. Lois, 9
· Tomorrow is my birthday. Could you please put a rainbow in the sky? Susan, 9
· I need a raise in my allowance. Could you have one of your angels tell my father. Thank you. David, 7
· I am saying my prayers for me and my brother, Billy, because Billy is six months old and he can't do anything but sleep and wet his diapers. Diane, 8
Remember the sweet innocence with which we used to pray as children.  Perhaps our lives could be enhanced now, if we could restore a touch of that pure innocent faith to our adult prayer lives.
Matthew 18:1-6 (NKJV) 1 At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, "Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" 2 Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, 3 and said, "Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me. 6 "But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment